The Accounting Assistant is a part-time role, working 10 to 15 hours per week. The position reports to and assists the Accounting Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Finance/Human Resources Department. Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for the accounts payable and payroll functions of the Company. This individual may also assist with certain human resources tasks such as benefits enrollment and on-boarding.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in accounts payable, payroll, and human resources. They will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and a team player.
Assist the Accounting Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Finance/Human Resources Department, including:
- Process all accounts payable by ensuring accuracy of invoices, entering invoices into the Costpoint system, obtaining appropriate invoice approvals through SharePoint, and uploading payment batches via an on-line banking platform.
- Process bi-weekly payroll on the Paychex platform by entering any changes to the employee roster, running key reports, obtaining appropriate approvals through SharePoint, and setting up new employer accounts with state agencies and Paychex.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Assist with benefit enrollments.
- Assist with new employee on-boarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in an accounting office is required, with a strong preference for candidates with specific experience in accounts payable and/or payroll.
- Prior experience performing human resource functions is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, with proficiency in Excel, and ideally SharePoint, is required. Experience with Paychex and Deltek Costpoint, is preferred. Alternatively, candidates should demonstrate an ability to learn new IT systems.
- A detail-oriented approach to work and strong organizational skills are required.
- A high school diploma is required. College level course work in accounting or business is preferred.
The VITL team is currently working remotely. The ideal candidate will live in Vermont. However, this position can be performed from anywhere in the United States, with a preference for candidates who reside in the Eastern or Central time zones. On occasion, this position may be required to travel to Vermont to attend meetings. All VITL employees must live and work in the United States.
VITL is committed to the health and well-being of its employees, customers, and community, and requires employees be up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, as recommended by federal and local health authorities, subject to accommodations provided in accordance with the law. Individuals will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or have requested and received a waiver, as a condition of employment.
VITL is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to compliance with all applicable fair employment practices laws and a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, place of birth, crime victim status, ancestry, physical or mental condition, disability, pregnancy, citizenship or immigration status, status as a veteran, military service or obligation, a positive test result from an HIV-related blood test, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by such laws (“Protected Characteristics”). VITL’s policy of anti-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, advancement, and termination of employment. VITL prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against any employee, applicant, worker, or service provider on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.