VITL is seeking a creative, flexible business development and client engagement professional to join the organization as Client Relationship Manager.
The Client Relationship Manager has the opportunity to contribute to the growth of an organization that provides essential service to Vermont’s health care ecosystem. They focus on understanding the needs of the providers and organizations that care for Vermonters, building awareness and understanding of VITL’s services, and connecting providers and organizations with the VITL offerings that will best serve them.
The Client Relationship Manager is responsible for all facets of a client’s engagement with VITL. They will cultivate new relationships and steward existing clients. They collaborate with all departments to ensure that these departments have a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and that each client receives excellent service. They help define and execute processes for customer relationship management and coordination of outreach and engagement activities.
Additionally, the Client Relationship Manager will lead and support projects that create new ways for clients to engage with VITL and achieve value from health information exchange. Such projects may involve employing service design methodologies to imagine products, services, and experiences that don’t exist yet, or they may focus on education and engagement to drive uptake of existing solutions. These projects may be cross-functional projects drawing on the skills and talents of VITL team members, and they may be cross-organization and cross-sector projects that require the Client Relationship Manager to build productive working relationships with clients and stakeholders in a wide range of roles, spanning clinical, technical, financial, and policy.
Client Relationship Management
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients
- Engages clients to elicit essential information about their goals, experiences, and context.
- Listens to clients, understands their needs, and synthesizes and shares information about those needs with VITL team members
- Proactively identifies intersections between client needs and VITL’s capabilities and strategic objectives
- Educates clients about VITL’s services and the value they can provide
- Acts as a trusted advisor, becoming a go-to resource to clients on health information exchange and health IT, curating actionable information and connecting clients with VITL subject matter experts as needed
- Leads internal project teams and effectively collaborates with VITL team members across departments to ensure effective delivery of products and services to clients
- Effectively partners with a diverse array of clients and stakeholders to lead VITL projects that advance shared goals through health information exchange
Client Relationship Management Systems Development
- Helps define the client relationship management lifecycle at VITL, participating in the creation of a new customer relationship management program
- Helps evaluate existing customer relationship management tools and practices, and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our practices
- In partnership with the Support, Operations, and Finance teams, creates a plan to fully support VITL’s customer relationship management program with an optimized customer relationship management tool and processes
Client Onboarding & Training
- Develops and delivers onboarding and training programs for new and existing products and services, for prospective and current clients
- Develops webinars, education sessions, and/or events that engage VITL’s clients and advance VITL’s strategic objectives
Communications Program Champion
- Tells VITL’s story in every interaction, in a way that welcomes prospects and clients into the story
- Participates in VITL’s communications planning by identifying content areas that will be valuable and interesting to clients
- Collaborates with Operations and Support Teams to ensure that all phases of our work include effective client communication
- Uses Service Design (or Human-Centered Design or Co-Design) methodologies to foster client-centered innovation and delivery of products and services in support of VITL’s commitment to ensure all our work is informed by client needs
- Listens to clients, synthesizes, and brings insights to VITL leadership and staff
- Supports development of feedback loops in all VITL products and services
- Facilitates ongoing engagement of a panel of interested clients in insights gathering, ideation, and prototyping
This position reports to the Director of Client Engagement
Freedom To Act/Accountability:
The Client Relationship Manager is expected to successfully work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a team. Working within department and VITL guidelines, this position will have a broad knowledge of corporate strategic and business needs and have the ability to provide leadership to peers in the organization in support of VITL projects.
From time to time the Client Relationship Manager may perform other tasks as necessary to support VITL organization goals.
The Client Relationship Manager will work with any and all levels of VITL technical and administrative staff and leadership, as well as consultants, vendors, and customer and peer organizations. May mentor other staff on certain projects.
The following guidelines for minimum qualifications are to assist with the hiring process.
Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree desirable.
- Significant experience in a business development or customer relationship management role, preferably in a healthcare-related field
- Demonstrated marketing and/or communications experience, and/or experience developing and leading education and outreach programs
- At least 5 years experience in one (or preferably a combination of) the following fields:
- Marketing, advertising, PR, or communications
- Community and/or government relations
- Education and training for adult/professional learners
- Sales in health care or information technology
- Service design
- Customer service leadership
- Health information technology
- Health care delivery and/or health care reform
- Knowledge of the Vermont health care ecosystem is a plus (but not mandatory)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presenter of ideas and concepts to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to influence, with impact across functions and disciplines
- Proven ability to develop and successfully plan and manage projects and programs
- Systems thinker who also pays attention to detail
- Commitment to providing excellent service to internal and external customers
The employee may be considered for other VITL positions as they may become available.