Vermont Information Technology Leaders, Inc. (VITL) is seeking an experienced technology professional to join the organization as an Interface Engineer to ensure that VITL’s interface engine is both developed and supported in alignment with the needs of our organization and customers, and positions us as a leading health information exchange (HIE). The Interface Engineer manages VITL’s interface engine and is responsible for design, development, testing, and documentation, as well as maintenance and support operations. They will help VITL respond to the exciting opportunities health information exchanges can power, and play an important role in developing interfacing strategy, and designing and delivering future capabilities.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Ownership of aspects of the Rhapsody Interface Engine program
- Managing the Rhapsody work queue. Provide accurate estimates for new work and communicate any roadblocks or priority conflicts to the Director of Operations
- Working with VITL’s security and privacy officers to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Ensuring a focus on providing excellent customer service for all internal and external customers
- Building and maintaining relationships with coworkers, clients, and stakeholders
This is a full-time permanent position requiring the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer or software engineering, or a related field preferred, or similar experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience programming with Interface Engines, including message definitions, mappers, web services, filters, communication points, and maintaining message tracking schemes
- Minimum of 3 years of Rhapsody Interface Engine experience required
- Required skills include:
- Experience with SFTP, TCP/IP, FTP, VPNs
- Experience with HL7, FHIR, CDA, XML
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Soap
- Knowledge of SSL and TLS
- Ability to work with Active Directory and file share Windows environments
- Experience using remote desktop connections
- Experience in design and development of interfaces and/or interoperability solutions for healthcare IT products, preferably Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Excellent skills in troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, timelines, and partner expectations, and to reprioritize work and plans as new demands arise.
- Ability to work outside of business hours if needed to support Production Issues
- Attention to detail
- Ability to unit test and troubleshoot the existing and new Rhapsody routes
- Ability to create and maintain documentation about the interface engine and its implementations
- Desired skills include:
- Experience with Java programming
- Knowledge of IHE profiles
- Experience with MS SQL and stored procedures
- Salesforce or other CRM application experience
- SharePoint experience
Vermont Information Technology Leaders (VITL) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that is legislatively designated to develop, operate, and maintain the Health Information Exchange in the State of Vermont (VHIE). The VHIE was created with the goals of improving patient outcomes, enhancing communication and data sharing within the healthcare community, improving the efficiency of healthcare delivery and eliminating unnecessary procedures, monitoring population health and community health, and reducing healthcare costs. To view the full job description and learn more about the organization please visit www.vitl.net
Submit an application. No phone calls, please.