This role is responsible for analyzing hl7 messages with the purpose of producing actionable insights to support the provider portal, CMS electronic Clinical Quality Measures, population health reporting, and meeting downstream stakeholder requirements.
This role will be responsible for engaging health care organizations to lead hl7 interface implementations, communicating interface requirements, and independently performing analysis of the incoming data from a variety EHR vendors in HL7 formats such as V2, V3, FHIR, and flat file extracts. Work with developers to convey hl7 transformation field requirements, construct the test plans and perform the testing to ensure the health care workflows and the data support data quality improvements and new interface development.
The VITL Interface Integration analyst will have experience using hl7 spy, Caristix, or other hl7 tools to evaluate clinical data for anomalies and patterns. The Interface Integration analyst must possess the following desired health care IT skills including:
• Solid understanding of hl7 transactions for V2 and V3 and field transformations
• Fluent in mapping HL7 to FHIR according to published standards
• In depth knowledge of EHR clinical workflows and HL7 Interface development impacts
• Experience working with developers and health care organizations to convey requirements
• Proficient in HL7 Spy
• Excellent analytical skills applied to validation of message transformation and test plan construction
• Expertise in working with JSON and XML messages
• Knowledge of patient matching algorithms
• Knowledge of claims
• Acts as lead analyst on all phases of a project; from scoping and design through implementation and transition to Support
• Lead client-facing requirement and solutioning sessions to meet HL7 inbound interface exchange
• Maintain regular communication with client, vendor, and team members regarding project issues, risks, and needs
• Perform independent analysis on inbound HL7 V2, V3, FHIR, and flat file extracts, and document necessary transformations to meet requirements
• Create test plans and validate data transformations in the Rhapsody Integration engine to test HL7 interfaces
• Test changes in the data (both planned and unplanned) to determine the impact on customers
• Identify gaps in new and existing data and data discrepancies, and work with developers on transformation and mapping logic
• Communicate with developers the requirements, transformations, and create the technical documentation
• Codeset mapping from local source values to FHIR standard values
• Analyze and troubleshoot data quality issues with HL7 transactions and FHIR DB storage
• Explore and derive insights from high volumes of hl7 data to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability, relevance
• Perform data analysis on patient demographic data to support improved patient matching
• Independently conduct analysis and field mapping on data from potential new data sources under consideration to assess integration into the FHIR database
• Collaborate closely with a team of Interface developers, management, and database programmers, and report analyst to ensure interfaces are built to meet specific requirements and delivered with quality and on time
• Partner with developers to implement testing automation
• Create tickets to vendors for data processing issues that require changes to support the HL7 message processing and storage in FHIR
• In depth knowledge of HL7 V2 ADT, VXU, ORU, ELR, V3 CCDA, Claims, and FHIR
• Deep understanding of EHR workflows
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to allow for effective communication at any level
• Self-directed person with the desire to learn
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to deliver quality work reliably and consistently on target dates
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
• Critical thinking, creative problem solving, and attention to detail
• Strong communication, facilitation, documentation, and presentation skills
• Agile Methodology
• Experience in project management and business analysis
Previous Healthcare experience is required (5 years)
• 3 or more years as an HL7 interface analyst
• Hands on testing of HL7 V2, CCDA, and FHIR messages are critical
• HL7 spy, Caristix, or other HL7 analyst tools
• Integration engine experience is necessary, Rhapsody Integration a plus
• Smartsheet, SharePoint, Salesforce, and Jira experience a plus
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field of work
• HL7 V2 certification preferred
• CCDA certification a plus or like experience
• FHIR certification a plus or like experience
The ideal candidate would be located in or near Vermont for availability for meetings. However, the position can be successfully performed through remote work. All employees must be located in the United States. Currently, the VITL team is working remotely.
VITL is committed to the health and well-being of its employees, customers, and community, and requires employees be up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, as recommended by federal and local health authorities, subject to accommodations provided in accordance with the law. Individuals will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or have requested and received a waiver, as a condition of employment.
VITL is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to compliance with all applicable fair employment practice laws and a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, place of birth, crime victim status, ancestry, physical or mental condition, disability, pregnancy, citizenship or immigration status, status as a veteran, military service or obligation, a positive test result from an HIV-related blood test, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by such laws (“Protected Characteristics”). VITL’s policy of anti-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, advancement, and termination of employment. VITL prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against any employee, applicant, worker, or service provider on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.