The Office Administrator is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as assisting the Accounting Manager with day-to-day accounting and human resource tasks. In addition, the Office Administrator supports the leadership team with administrative needs. This dynamic position requires the ability to creatively manage schedules, prioritize tasks, anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with professionalism and confidentiality. The Office Administrator manages the organization’s office operations and is often a liaison to ensure coordination and communication across the organization, and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Provide Administrative Support for the CEO and Leadership Team
- Track CEO commitments, goals, projects, tasks, and deadlines
- Responsible for coordination, effectiveness, and prioritization of the CEO’s calendar
- Coordinate complex scheduling for the CEO and the leadership team
- Serve as the administrative interface for the CEO and the organization with external parties
- Assist CEO with communications and presentations
- Submit CEO’s timesheets
- Track and update relationship developments in Salesforce
- Provide effective, timely support to the Board of Directors and Board Committees
- Schedule bi-monthly board and committee meetings; confirm that attendees will be present
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and materials in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with bylaws; prepare minutes of all meetings.
- Maintain online catalog of board materials for access by board members
- Coordinate online and on-site meetings.
- Provide the VITL Leadership Team with administrative support as requested
- Ensure the efficient, effective scheduling of internal and external meetings at the request of the Leadership Team and external parties
- Coordinate the creation of presentations and reports, ensuring all materials are complete, error-free, and professional
- Maintain a central calendar of standard meetings and deliverables and ensure timely communication of upcoming deadlines and activities to the Leadership Team
- Arrange travel and prepare expense reports for the CEO and Leadership Team
- Ensure timely processing of monthly credit card statements
- Provide other administrative support as requested, in coordination with the CEO
- Coordinate organization-wide activities
- Schedule and coordinate monthly staff meetings
- Coordinate the internal Spirit Committee, if requested
- Assist with maintaining the VITL Website
- Plan and coordinate events and meetings (e.g., onsite all-staff meetings, stakeholder meetings, board retreats)
- Assist the Accounting Manager in day-to-day finance and human resources operations
- Process accounts payable by ensuring accuracy of invoices, entering invoices into the Costpoint system, obtaining appropriate approvals through SharePoint, and uploading payment batches into an on-line banking platform
- Process bi-weekly payroll on the Paychex platform by entering any changes to the employee roster, running key reports, and obtaining appropriate approval via SharePoint
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Assist with benefit enrollments
- Assist with on-boarding new employees & off-boarding separating employees
- Oversee the functioning of the VITL Office Space, including picking up and distributing mail, maintaining and ordering supplies, and coordinating maintenance needs
- Work with IT team to purchase equipment necessary for employees
- Ensure all communications and requests from patients are processed in accordance with VITL policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of the position, Board of Directors, Leadership Team, payroll, and human resource matters
- Other projects as requested by the President and CEO, and/or Accounting Manager
Characteristics and Experience of an Ideal Candidate
- Passion for and familiarity with the nonprofit sector and VITL’s mission
- Obsessively organized, and detail-oriented with strong project management, planning and organization skills
- Able to support multiple individuals and track multiple deadlines by prioritizing tasks and facilitating strong communication
- Adept at effectively scheduling meetings involving attendees across multiple organizations
- Prior bookkeeping experience, ideally including accounts payable and/or payroll
- Prior experience with human resource functions, such as on-boarding/off-boarding and benefit administration is preferred
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines and maintaining attention to detail; willingness to ask for guidance when expectations are not clear.
- Customer service focus; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare clear, error-free communications, and to provide editorial support to colleagues
- Experience developing and streamlining processes and procedures
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, foresight to anticipate the team’s needs
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently
- Flexibility and adaptability, willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Associates or bachelors degree preferred, with three to five years of relevant work experience
- Highly proficient with standard Microsoft Tools, including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams; skilled at developing polished presentations with PowerPoint
- Preferred experience with DocuSign, Salesforce, Paychex, and/or Deltek Costpoint; able to pick up other applications quickly
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At VITL, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
The ideal candidate will live within commuting distance to the Chittenden County area. While this position can be successfully performed mostly through remote work, the Office Administer must regularly be at the VITL Offices to pick up and send mail, coordinate supplies, and support meetings. This position is required to live in and work from Vermont, United States.
- VITL is committed to the health and well-being of its employees, customers, and community, and requires employees be up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, as recommended by federal and local health authorities, subject to accommodations provided in accordance with the law. Individuals will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or have requested and received a waiver, as a condition of employment.
- VITL is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We are committed to compliance with all applicable fair employment practices laws and a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, place of birth, crime victim status, ancestry, physical or mental condition, disability, pregnancy, citizenship or immigration status, status as a veteran, military service or obligation, a positive test result from an HIV-related blood test, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by such laws (“Protected Characteristics”). VITL’s policy of anti-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, advancement, and termination of employment. VITL prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against any employee, applicant, worker, or service provider on the basis of any Protected Characteristic.
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter clearly referencing the Office Administrator position to firstname.lastname@example.org.